The "Bodega Blondeau"
The "Bodega Blondeau"" or "cocedero", (boiling ward), is one of our oldest buildings. It is used for the first fermentation of our red wines in 35 oak vats of various sizes. The wood for these vats comes mainly from the U.S.A. and France and some smaller quantities from Yugoslavia and Spain. Bodega Blondeau was designed so that the wind will keep it naturally fresh, thus avoiding the high temperatures associated with fermentation.Inside "bodega blondeau", our fermentation pavilion
This imposing building was named after a French negociant from whom D. Rafael, the founder, learned how to make his first wines around 1875.