The Pavillion Nº 1
Constructed in 1878, the Pavilion Nº 1 originally housed 12 oak vats for storing wine and the old harvesting machinery. The building was adapted in 1904 to allow an increase in the ceiling height.
These wooden vats ("Tinas" in Spanish) were replaced by 5 larger ones in 1899 by Don Rafael López de Heredia Landeta, product of the famous vat maker Monreal in Zaragoza. For many years they were stored outdoors and covered with plaster to protect them against the elements. In 1907 a carpenter from Haro, Juan Sagredo, finished the roof of the entire building according to architect Julio Martínez Zapata’s original design.
When the photographer Manuel Torcida Torre came to the winery in April 1910, this building had no floor. The floor was made in 1913 by “Gamboa y Domingo", a company from Bilbao. A time capsule buried during building in 1906 can be found near a column within building.
By 1914 the floor was completed, and the building opened directly onto the railway station until this wall was closed in 1960.