Viña Cubillo Crianza 2005
- Characteristics of the vintage:
- Classified by The Regulating Council as EXCELLENT as
well as the previous year. This harvest was not only good in quality but
in quantity both in our own vineyards and in the whole D.O. Rioja.
Out of the 170 ha. that we own, in 2005 we had 154 in production.
The volumen of the harvest in 2005 was slighly smaller than 2004, due
to the polinization. The vegetative cycle was perfect with no problems
during all year. The harvest started 10 days in advance from a normal
year starting on September 24th with the White grapes and on September
27th with the red grapes in Viña Tondonia. We finished harvesting
Viña Cubillo in October 22nd. We suffered a big storm on October
the 12th that delayed the finalizing but didn’t damage the quality.
The grapes entered the winery with a good concentration of color, balance
of alcohol content and acidity and good colour intensity. All of this
made great wines with high vocation of ageing.
- Tasting note:
- Colour: Clear, bright ruby. Nose: Fresh
and slight aroma to licorice with consistent texture and persistent aroma. Taste: Smooth, fresh and persistent.
- Grape Varieties:
- Tempranillo (65%), Garnacho (25%), Mazuelo and Graciano, the rest, all
from our own vineyards.
- Ageing period in barrels:
- 3 years, being racked twice per year and
fined with fresh egg whites.
- Ageing period in bottle:
- Rest, unfiltered, bottled in 75 cl. and
37,5 cl. bottles.
- Alcohol Volume:
- 13% Vol.
- Total Acidity:
- 6 gr/l.
- Residual Sugar:
- Very Dry.
- Perfect with all meat dishes, tapas and charcutery.
- Storage Tempertaure:
- Ready to drink now, it can be stored a few more years in conditions
of constant temperature (57ºF / 14ºC) and humidity (75-80%).
- Serving Temperature:
- 64,5º to 68ºF (18 - 20ºC) always depending on mood and
- Quantity made:
- 85,000 bottles.