Viña Cubillo Crianza 2008
- Characteristics of the vintage:
- A year officially rated as VERY GOOD. The year has passed without severe climatological incidents, in lack of spring frost; but denoted with abundant spring precipitations and after the harvest. However, a mild and drier summer favored the growth and health of the grapes; which led to a not very abundant, but lightly superior harvest than the previous one with similar quality. The weather conditions were exceptionally favorable during all the final phase of the vegetative cycle, something that is always decisive for the quality of the harvest. Our vineyard enjoyed the optimal conditions necessary to get a health state of the fruit almost perfect; and with balanced parameters of color, acidity, degree of alcohol, etc. during the maturation. All of these characteristics let us get a high quality harvest with a little inferior final volume compared to previous years. The harvest started the 6th of October in «Viña Zaconia» with the white varieties, the 9th of October in «Viña Tondonia» with the red varieties; and finished the 30th of October after the harvest of «Viña Cubillo» and «Viña Bosconia».
- Tasting note:
- Colour: Clear, bright ruby. Nose: Fresh
and slight aroma to licorice with consistent texture and persistent aroma. Taste: Smooth, fresh and persistent.
- Grape Varieties:
- Tempranillo (65%), Garnacho (25%), Mazuelo and Graciano, the rest, all
from our own vineyards.
- Ageing period in barrels:
- 3 years, being racked twice per year and
fined with fresh egg whites.
- Ageing period in bottle:
- Rest, unfiltered, bottled in 75 cl. and
37,5 cl. bottles.
- Alcohol Volume:
- 13% Vol.
- Total Acidity:
- 6 gr/l.
- Residual Sugar:
- Very Dry.
- Perfect with all meat dishes, tapas and charcutery.
- Storage Tempertaure:
- Ready to drink now, it can be stored a few more years in conditions
of constant temperature (57ºF / 14ºC) and humidity (75-80%).
- Serving Temperature:
- 64,5º to 68ºF (18 - 20ºC) always depending on mood and
- Quantity made:
- 99,000 bottles.