Viña Bosconia Red Reserva 2003
- Characterístics of the vintage:
- Clasified by The Regulating Council as GOOD. This year we were producing from
155 ha of the 170 own by us in our 4 vineyards: "Viña Tondonia", "Viña Cubillo", "Viña
Gravonia" y "Viña Bosconia". We harvested a total of 951.476 kg of grapes. The yields
were very high considering that this year could have been more difficult due to the
heat wave that affected our vineyards from May until the beginning of September. The
vines recovered thanks to the rain of the month of September. The harvest started
in September 24th and lasted until October 23rd. Therefore, it was one of the longer
lasted harvest in our History. This was due to the fact that we wanted the grapes to
take maximum advantage of the late September rain. Our experience due to the fact
that the age average of the vineyards of Viña Bosconia is quite high, it allowed the vines
to survive without suffering hydric stress and made rich and round wines capable to be
stored for a long time.
- Tasting note:
- This wine has evolved perfectly showing a deep ruby colour with shades
of orange. Its nose is persistent, full bodied and showing a lot of
mature fruit, being dominated by the Tempranillo grape. Its taste is
round, smooth, fresh, full of body and persistent.
- Grape Varieties:
- Tempranillo (80%), Garnacho (15%), Mazuelo
and Graciano, the remainder, all from our own vineyards.
- Ageing period in barrels:
- 5 years, being racked twice a year and fined with fresh egg
- Ageing period in bottle:
- Rest, unfiltered, bottled in 75 cl. bottles.
- Alcohol Volume:
- 12.5% Vol.
- Total Acidity:
- 6.5 g/l.
- Residual Sugar:
- Very Dry.
- Perfect with roasted and highly flavoured meats, lamb and game.
- Storage Tempertaure:
- 10 years in perfect conditions of constant temperature (57ºF /
and humidity (75-80%).
- Serving Temperature:
- 64,5º to 68ºF (18 - 20ºC) always depending on mood and
- Quantity made:
- 42,000 bottles.