Viña Tondonia Rosé Gran Reserva 2000
- Characteristics of the vintage:
- Recorded by The Regulating Council as GOOD. There was a frost
on March 30th that got to 2 degrees below cero. However it didn’t
affected to the total quantity of the Harvest. There was as well another
frost on April the 6th but didn’t damage either. Therefore, we harvested
995.044 kilos in our four vineyards. This was considered a record in
quantity. In relation to quality for us it was a very good year. We
started the harvest in Viña Gravonia in advance to the average of
Rioja: September 28th while the normal would have been October 12th.
Harvest was not easy since the maturation of the fruit was irregular so
it lasted a lot, until November the 5th. And only because we were patience
and we risk during the harvest we obtain very healthy and matured grapes
with a very good quality average.
- Tasting note:
- Colour: Onion skin, velvety, hints
at becoming tawny. Nose: Fresh
and persistent.Taste:Smooth and fresh with
body and complexity due to barrel ageing.
- Grape Varieties:
- Tempranillo (30%), Garnacho (60%) and Viura
(10%) all from our own vineyards.
- Ageing period in barrels:
- 4 and a half years, being racked twice a year and fined with fresh egg
- Ageing period in bottle:
- Rest, unfiltered, bottled in 75 cl. bottles.
- Alcohol Volume:
- 12.5% Vol.
- Total Acidity:
- 6 g/l.
- Residual Sugar:
- Very Dry.
- This versatile wine will complement any dish, especially in the summer,
due to its freshness. It goes very well with spicy and hot food; perfect
with cold meats and Spanish sausages. Many gastronomes have commented
that it combines very well with Indian, Mexican and Chinese-style food.
- Storage Tempertaure:
- 10 years in perfect conditions of constant temperature (57ºF / 14ºC)
and humidity (75-80%).
- Serving Temperature:
- 57º to 60ºF (14º to 16ºC) depending of mood and place.
In very hot years chilled to 46,5ºF / 8ºC.
- Quantity made:
- 25,000 bottles.